Position Description: The Director of Development develops, oversees and implements institutional and individual donor strategy and work plans. The position is part of the Operations Team and as such the Director of Development also offers input and advice on organizational development issues. The Director of Development reports directly to the Co-Executive Directors, works closely with program staff, and supervises the Development Coordinator.
- Develop and implement overall fundraising strategy for the organization with a budget of over $4 million.
- With the Co-Executive Directors, develop and track progress toward fundraising goals in the organization’s strategic plan.
- Regularly liaise with the Board of Directors on fundraising matters.
- Assess progress and provide revenue projections for the annual budget process.
- Advance organizational development strategies as a member of the Operations Team and other organization-wide discussions.
- Supervise the Development Coordinator
- Support the Co-Executive Directors in cultivating institutional funders.
- Identify funding opportunities and write and submit letters of inquiry, proposals and reports to foundations.
- Develop materials for institutional funders and organize briefings and events with institutional funders to increase visibility for our work.
- Design and implement individual donor strategy for both major donors and monthly sustainers, to build our community of supporters.
- Fundraising experience in mission-driven environment
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, human rights and structural change
- Ability to work in a consensus driven setting that places a high value on collaboration and horizontal decision-making
- Experience working with remote staff preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to generate strategy
- Ability to be self-directive, take initiative and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to build cross-departmental teams
- Basic knowledge of database and fundraising software preferred
About Partners for Dignity & Rights: In partnership with communities, Partners for Dignity & Rights works to build a broad movement for economic & social rights, including health, housing, education and work with dignity. Based on the principle that fundamental human needs create human rights obligations on the part of government and the private sector, Partners for Dignity & Rights advocates for public policies that guarantee the universal and equitable fulfillment of these rights in the United States.
Partners for Dignity & Rights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and individuals from other historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Location: The position may be based in P4DR’s office located in New York City or remotely in the United States. Occasional travel required.
Salary and Benefits: The salary for this position is $79,825 a year. Benefits include: full health insurance, vision and dental insurance for staff (as well as partners and children); annual 2% COLA increase, an additional $4,000 to reimburse any medical costs not covered by insurance; additional needs-based benefits that may be added to salary where applicable (such as dependent and childcare benefits, ranging from $3,750 to $15,000 a year for up to three dependents and not to exceed $30,000 total, and student loan or education expense benefits up to $3,600 a year); a Simple IRA retirement plan; 20 paid vacation days, 14 sick days and 6 personal days annually; half-day Fridays, the last week of December off and federal holidays off.
Application: Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and 3 references to and put “Director of Development Application” in the subject line. Please no phone calls. We encourage applications as soon as possible and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a final deadline of Friday, October 6, 2023