In recent weeks doctors, nurses, and other concerned citizens have been arrested for calling into question Senator Max Baucus’ Senate Finance Committee’s Health Care Reform hearings. Together these single payer advocates have justified their civil disobedience by locating it in the long tradition of rights struggles in this country. Take a look at the media coverage below.
- Donna Smith of the California Nurses Association’s, May 5 article, "Doctors, Single Payer Activists Arrested."
- May 7 interview with Margaret Flowers of Physicians for a National Health Program about her arrest
- Kevin Zeese’s May 13 article "A Populist Health Care Rebellion"
- View MSNBC’s May 13 coverage of the arrests "Push for Single-Payer Grows" by clicking here.
- View Democracy Now’s May 13 coverage of the protests by clicking here.