Position Description: The Director of Development develops, oversees and implements institutional and individual donor strategy and work plans. The Director of Development reports directly to and works closely with the Co-Executive Directors, as well as collaborates with both program staff and the Director of Communications. The position is part of the Operations Team and as such the Director of Development also offers input and advice on organizational development issues.
- Develop and implement Partners for Dignity and Rights’ overall fundraising strategy
- Develop annual work plans
- Work with interdepartmental teams to implement fundraising strategy by collaborating with program staff and the Director of Communications
- Assist Director of Finance with financial reporting to institutional funders
- Collaborate with Director of Communications to develop and implement organizational communications strategy targeted at supporters
- Support Director of Finance through the annual audit
- Participate in Operations Team meetings and assist in advancing organizational development strategies
- Manage database of supporters for purposes of implementing fundraising strategy
- Serve as liaison to Board of Directors on fundraising matters
- Coordinate, write, and submit letters of inquiry, proposals and reports to foundations
- Maintain calendar of grant proposals, progress and reports
- Support Co-Executive Directors in cultivating institutional funders
- Track funding/provide revenue reports as needed
- Engage institutional donors by participating in meetings, events and processes when possible
- Identify and cultivate opportunities for Co-Executive Directors and program staff to participate in and present at events for institutional funders
- Organize briefings and events for institutional funders
- Develop materials for institutional funders
- Liaise with program officers
- Develop and implement individual donor strategy and program for both major donors and monthly sustainers
- Implement individual donor campaigns
- Design and carry out events for individual donors
- Carry out the the year end appeal
- Create and disseminate materials targeted to individual donors
- Support Co-Executive Director in cultivating and sustaining major donors
- Support Partners for Dignity and Rights’ major donor Honorary Advisory Board
- Develop social media strategy for individual donors
- Fundraising experience in mission-driven environment
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, human rights and structural change
- Ability to work in a consensus driven setting that places a high value on collaboration and horizontal decision-making
- Experience working with remote staff preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) required
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to generate strategy
- Ability to be self-directive, take initiative and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to build cross-departmental teams
- Basic knowledge of database and fundraising software preferred
Partners for Dignity and Rights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and individuals from other historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Location: Preferably in New York or Washington, DC area, but flexible as to location. Frequent travel required.
Salary and Benefits $68,100, with a generous benefits package, including fully paid employer health insurance, employer contribution to simple IRA, childcare/family care reimbursement, dependent expense stipend, medical and transportation reimbursement, student loan and education expense assistance, 20 paid vacation days plus personal and sick days.
Application: Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and 3 references to and put Director of Development application in the subject line. Please no phone calls. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis with a final deadline of November 15, 2020.
About Partners for Dignity & Rights: In partnership with communities, Partners for Dignity & Rights works to build a broad movement for economic & social rights, including health, housing, education and work with dignity. Based on the principle that fundamental human needs create human rights obligations on the part of government and the private sector, Partners for Dignity and Rights advocates for public policies that guarantee the universal and equitable fulfillment of these rights in the United States.