About Partners for Dignity & Rights: In partnership with communities, Partners for Dignity & Rights works to build a broad movement for economic & social rights, including health, housing, education and work with dignity. Based on the principle that fundamental human needs create human rights obligations on the part of government and the private sector, Partners for Dignity & Rights advocates for public policies that guarantee the universal and equitable fulfillment of these rights in the United States.
Position Description: We are seeking a Development Coordinator to collaborate with the Development Director, Communications Director and Co-Executive Director to build P4DR’s individual donor engagement strategy, organize donor events and increase organizational reach and connections to supporters. This is a highly collaborative position and Partners for Dignity & Rights uses a consensus based decision-making process.
- Manage database of supporters and online giving platforms, such as Action Network, for purposes of implementing fundraising strategy.
- Contribute to the development of outreach materials for institutional and individual funders (including the annual report, strategic plan summary, annual organizational overview, program summaries, and presentations).
- Assist in the creation and distribution of all development communications via newsletters, email and social media, and is responsible for timely gift acknowledgments/letters.
- Assist the Communications Director in managing our social media platforms.
- Maintain and update website blog periodically.
- With the Development Director, develop and implement individual donor strategy and program for both major donors and monthly sustainers (including setting goals, sending out materials and merchandise, tracking donations, writing thank you letters, etc).
- With the Development Director, carry out our annual year-end donor appeal and other donor campaigns.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of our organization’s 20th Anniversary donor strategy in 2024 and 2025, including organizing donor events, developing materials and coordinating online communications.
- Strong commitment to and familiarity with the intersection of social and economic justice.
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Experience developing donor materials.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability and flexibility to travel quarterly.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google applications, online giving and database platforms
- Comfort working in a relatively flat, non-hierarchical organization, including participating in consensus decision-making
Partners for Dignity & Rights is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and individuals from other historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Location: This position may be based in P4DR’s office located in New York City or remotely.
Salary and benefits: The salary for this position is $62,325 a year. Benefits include: full health insurance, vision and dental insurance for staff (as well as partners and children); an additional $4,000 to reimburse any medical costs not covered by insurance; additional needs-based benefits that may be added to salary where applicable (such as dependent and childcare benefits, ranging from $3,750 to $15,000 a year for up to three dependents and not to exceed $30,000 total, and student loan or education expense benefits up to $3,600 a year); a Simple IRA retirement plan; 20 paid vacation days, 14 sick days and 6 personal days annually; half-day Fridays, the last week of December off and federal holidays off.